2022 is coming to an end and it’s a great time to look back over the year and spend some time doing self-reflection. It’s amazing how we tend to brood for months over our failures and yet somehow brush past our achievements as if they were nothing at all. Reflection helps to identify positive experiences, appreciate the hard work that went into it and also helps to look back at challenges and derive learning from them.
Self-reflection can be made an enjoyable process by either sitting with yourself and having a notepad to collect your thoughts or talking to and sharing your learnings with a partner, colleague or friend.
Here are 7 questions that can help you in this process of self-reflection. Enjoy!
1. What was the most memorable event or moment of the year? Why was it memorable?
2. Who is that one person who stood out for you this year? How can you show them your appreciation?
3. What was the biggest obstacle that you faced this year? How did you overcome it? Was it a gift in hindsight?
4. What was the most important goal for this year? Did you achieve it? Why? What can you do better next year?
5. What was your biggest learning this year?
6. Did you learn a new skill, new language, new way of doing things this year? Did you make a new friend?
7. If you were to go back in time what would you do differently this year? Why?
Have fun reflecting!